Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Moving out Yo!.

This Past weekend was my last weekend at my Apartment, my roommate moved out to his one bedroom apartment in the same complex, so he is fine. I had one of my best friends Gus come over to help me move my final things out. I also had my sis and brother in law come over to lend a helping hand. I thought it was going to be pretty bad but it went smooth. We had some beers and talked a lot of shit throughout so time flew.






That Saturday night my friend Jason along with his girl picked me and my girl Leidy up and we went to a baby shower. My college friend Enrique's wife is having a girl, so we had to show Love. It was nice to see Enrique after almost a year.














Sunday my sis and brother in law took me to Houston's in the city for a farewell dinner. Gus, his girl and my girlfriend all came. We ended up going to the Nuyorican poets cafe afterwards to watch an Afro Cuban Jazz Band Perform.













This is me in front of the Nuyorican Poets Cafe.


One of my favorite places to go in NYC.






So that's it I Moved out and I am homeless, I turned in my keys on Monday afternoon, and I am officially living out of my van (My uncles van). For my final week of work I will be staying at my uncles house in Lafayetter NJ. On April 7th I will be flying to Miami for two weeks. I will be spending as much time in Miami with my parents as I can. when I return I will stay with my sis in the Bronx for a week until I leave for Peace Corps Staging on April 28th.


These past few weeks have been difficult but my friends and family have been very helpful and attentive. It is surreal but it is finally becoming a reality.

3 comments:

amnightingale said...

Hey! I'm also doing Youth Development in Guatemala, leaving April. Sounds like you will be moving around quite a bit in the next three weeks. There are so many things left to do, am I right?

Good luck! :)

A

Anonymous said...

Good Luck

keep in touch

Lauren

www.whereislauren1975.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hermanito...
Long long time no speak! So the time has finally arrived! I commend you on achieving this long awaited goal. You are a leader, who has the ability to shape young minds. As always I wish you well. Wishing you the best of luck in Guatemala.
~Fuerza, Unity, and Utmost Respect!
Machete