Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Artwork

Just figure I take these quick ten minutes to display some of my art work on this blog. I have always been a good drawer but never really pressed on the talent until I met my girlfriend who is an amazing artist. From her i drew the inspiration to start painting which I had never done before until summer of last year. It began with the idea of making painted t-shirts with different colors and designs to sell. The idea was great and the product was beautiful. Unfortunatelly the work was too time consuming and funds were not really generating. Some of the finished product came out beautiful and I sold many t-shirts, one thing I regret was not painting on canvas which is what I plan on doing this time around in the Peace Corps. PhotobucketPhotobucket

When I begin work at my site in Guatemala. I plan on doing a side project with children teaching them how to paint on canvas for them to possibly sell. I am very excited about this project and I can´t wait to get started on my art. I have some very good ideas for paintings including the vibrant color garments of the idigenous in Guatemala, the beautiful landscaspes of Lake Atitlan, the Volcanoes and most importantly the Resplendent Guatemalan Quetzal.

No comments: