Friday, September 19, 2008

Parades, queens, torches and K´iche.









First off. Congratulations to me , from me. I have made it exactly another month in my site today, and I happen to be very proud of myself. I now only have 22 more months to go (not that Im counting). Things have been smoother as
well, as oppose to the first month. I have also been keeping busy with all the festivities this month of september. On Sept 15th was Guatemala´s independence and a party it was all over the country, including school bands, beauty contests and lots of patriotism. I participated as a judge to several beauty peagents and also atttended several parades with my schools including one in Huitan and another in San Jose Ch. In addition I attended a day trip with one of my Schools ¨paloma¨to the west coast to pick up the independence torch. I have also been very excited beacause I finally began my K´iche´ classes.

So, xbeq´ij, alak, Utz wach la.

On another note I have also began to work with a social worker from the local health center. We are planing to work together to form a summer camp for the local children being their vacation starts in Mid October.

I will try to keep up my up my blog, the only bad news is I broke my camera.

love u all.

F. G

No comments: