Monday, July 27, 2009

More Vagabonding...

I have just passed my one year mark of Peace Corps Service. I have reached the time in my service where I need to start thinking about what to do after post Peace Corps, and up to this moment I havent got a clue! I have definatelly toyed around with the thought of Grad School through hopefully a fellowship provided by the Peace Corps, Working for the Peace Corps in the States, or maybe just maybe extending to another country for a year or serving in the Peace Corps Response in another country for less time. Then there´s the question of where should I move to in the States? NY or FL? those are the 2 choices.


But sure it will work itself out.


On another note I got to meet the U.S Ambassador to Guatemala Stephen McFarland this past weekend July 25th at a press conf in Momostenango Totonicapan. Four of us PCV´s were invited by the Peace Corps to meet him and have lunch with him, it was really cool, he is Learning the indigenous Dialect K´iche like I am and gave a brief speech in the dialect at the Press Conference. He seems very Fond of Peace Corps and also supports The PC and its Cause.

No comments: