Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Ramblings...and G-Dub

Mood: Happy!
Currently Listening to... Ranchero Music at the local internet cafe, and It´s making me feel like having a beer.

Well if you guys have not been able to tell by now, I like to take alot of Pictures. And Luckily I haven't had my camera stolen Yet...(not that I´m expecting). Unfortunatelly there are alot of thieves here in Guatemala, and the Peace Corps really warns and drills it in our little heads to be minimal with worthy belongins on our person. I am a big believer of a picture is worth a thousand words, so while I still have my cameras, (yes I brought 2 digital cameras, one high quality, one so, so), I will be bringing to you the very best photographs of my adventures and landscapes.

Heres a lil pic of us in the white house with G-Dubya 4/30/08.




Speaking of adventures...

Last week on our way to the training site in Santa Lucia, we caught a glimpse of how crazy transportation can get in Guate. At the bus stop in San Lucas to catch the bus to Santa Lucia (training site) apparently two buses where racing each other for passesngers on the Highway. Apparently one of the buses arrived first and many of the passengers hopped on. This made the bus driver and ayudante (helper) from the bus tailing behind very upset. Long story short, the two ayudantes from each bus started yelling and cursing each other and started fighting in front of us. This was the start of an exciting day. Luckily no one was hurt and everyone went about their business.

Sorry no pic of that, I don´t condone violence.

No comments: