Saturday, November 7, 2009

Art.




Ever since coming to Guatemala, one of my goals has been to work on my Art, About three weeks ago I finally got the chance to begin on one of my Art Pieces. I am lucky to have a really cool Landlord. Sergio recently came back from the states, and when he returned last year around this time, I was scared he was going to want his house and was going to kick me out. Sergio had gone to the states at the age of 15 and returned on his own after the economy faltered. He is now 28 years old. When he first came in to check out the fruits of his hard American labor, he told me that I could stay in house until the end of my PC service, I was so relieved. Not only that, After telling him I was an Artist, he also told me I could go crazy with my work all over his house...I was like word?!! So here I am almost a month into this piece I took from a ceramic piece I fell in love with and took a pic of in Antigua. It is a Conquistador fighting a Mayan Warrior which I consider to be the legendary Tecun Uman, The Conquistador is Pedro de Alvarado. In the middle is a Quetzal. The characters are almost life size so u can imagine how Big the piece is. I still have much to finish so here's a taste.

No comments: