Friday, March 14, 2008

The countdown continues....

Mood: Nervous, Anxious
Currently listening to: Nothing

Location: Work.

Well today is Friday March 14th 2008. I am currently typing from my computer at work, pondering and thinking of what to write for my Aspiration Statement. For those of you who are not aware of what an aspiration statement entails, it is pretty straight forward. It is necessary in order for the Peace Corps to get a better feel of what we the invitees are about. This needs to be emailed to my country of service along with my resume.

For the past several days I have been a Lil anxious. I have a ton of things to take care of still, and I feel I don't have the time.

It's been like this since i was told by my P.O I was going to be invited to leave for a program for the late April. This threw my mind for a loop being I was expecting to leave in June and I already had everything planned for Mid June. I'm pretty sure it will all work out but it is still a little stressful. I am currently taking one day at a time and I have made an agreement with myself to get one task done for every day that passes. As of now i have accomplished a lot including dental (three wisdom teeth taken out last Friday). I sent in that paperwork yesterday, Passport, pics, gave notice of cancelling lease, and currently moving out. Getting rid of furniture and planning to donate clothes to the salvation Army. In addition I've also been trying to spend alot of time with friends and family. I have realized this journal has been very helpful in releasing stress so I will continue to write as much as I can.

1 comment:

Tim Slattery said...

Hi Ferney,

I stumbled upon your journal while looking around the web for information about the Peace Corps in Guatemala.

I also thought I'd be leaving in June (to somewhere in sub-Saharan Africa), and found out a few days ago that they had two openings left in a youth development program in Guatemala, leaving April 28th. Soon! But it sounded great to me - closer to what I'd hoped for than what I had discussed at my interview, so I accepted. I'm working on getting together my aspiration statement and passport and everything now too. Good to know there's someone in a similar boat =)

Tim
(slattery.tim@gmail.com)